NEW PARENT FAQ
New to Lacrosse? Have questions? We want to help you!
Email your name, phone number, address and school you attend to the
and we will help guide you to your correct program and team.
If you attend a school that has a lacrosse team and would like more information, please choose the Teams tab in the top navigation. From there, choose your team to see the team's contact information.
What programs would my child play? Is it age or grade?
SNLA teams use the U-system: U8, U10, U12, U14. For High school SNLA uses Junior Varsity and Varsity.
What resources are available for new parents/players?
US Lacrosse has various parent guides available on their Website. This document is available on-line for free. There is also a handbook for Boys Youth and Girls Youth lacrosse and a Youth Practices Guidebook that is very helpful for new parents.
SNLA has loaner sticks in the community that Programs use in the Middle Schools during clinics or PE programs. In addition, some Programs offer loaner equipment. Inquire with the program you are zoned for to get more details on what they have available.
Are there scholarships available?
Yes. SNLA provides a limited number of scholarships to players in need of scholarships for each of our teams. Please ask your team manager for more details. SNLA scholarship does not cover your US Lacrosse membership or any team fees. Individual programs may offer scholarships to cover team fees. Please contact your team manager for more details.
How do I register my son/daughter for lacrosse?
Registration for lacrosse is available on the Registration Page.
After I register, how will I find out about practices and games?
Please contact your team manager BEFORE you register to find out the details of their practice schedule. Click on Boys, SNLA Teams and click on the school that you are zoned for, or closest to where you live. This will take you to their team page. Please click on any of the Contact people on the right side of the screen and send them an email; Ask them for all the details of their program so you know it will work for your child. The SNLA is made up of all volunteers, so each team will determine their our practice schedule and location. They should reply to you in a few days, but if you have not heard back, please email the
for additional information and assistance.
Game schedule are produced at least 2 weeks before the season. In order to allow more kids the opportunity to play, registration remains open all season, but it is up to your program and team if they will allow you to register after the season games start. Please contact your team manager or coach for more information.
Why does my son/daughter need to be a US Lacrosse member?
US Lacrosse is the non-profit governing body that works to develop the sport all over the world. As a member, you receive:
- Insurance coverage on-field at practices and games. Bollinger Insurance cover all members of US Lacrosse. The ULA requires that all players have this coverage.
- Access to lacrosse resources. You will receive the US Lacrosse magazine and have access to other lacrosse resources.
- US Lacrosse help promote the game around the world to create more playing and game opportunities for our players. US Lacrosse creates scholarship and sponsors beginner programs along with SNLA
- As a US Lacrosse member, you are also a member of SNLA, the ULA, and are eligible for clinics, national teams, trainings and other events that are only available to member.
- Members receive a 10% discount at the US Lacrosse on-line store.
- Free admission to the US Lacrosse Museum and Lacrosse Hall of Fame.
Please check the Events on our webpage; Events/SNLA Events or home page news for new details on our upcoming events.